Are you an artist looking for work? Are you looking for an artist to help you with something? Perhaps this will help! We prefer jobs for pay, but will advertise anything to connect artists with their calling. If you would like to post something, please contact us.
Owatonna Arts Center
Position Description—Administrative Assistant
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing and coordinating the office functions of the Owatonna Arts Center
- Post-secondary education in office management or business desired
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to relate with diverse personalities.
- Strong technology proficiency: word, excel, power point, Quick Books; Ability to work with a variety of software programs. Must possess the capability and desire to learn, effectively use, and recommend new software technologies in order to perform the position responsibilities.
- Knowledge in website and social media maintenance.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as working with volunteers.
- Possesses a deep appreciation for the arts.
- Serve as receptionist: person, mail, email
- Primary responsibility for managing the membership roster: maintain membership database, send letters for renewals and follow-up.
- Assist the Treasurer in recording contributions: membership, building fund, donations, and memorials. Prepare and send acknowledgements; Record payments for class registrations, gallery sales and rentals. Supply records for event ticket sales accountability P & L reports for each event.
- Provide assistance to the Board for its business..
- Update website, enter posts on social media as directed
- Assist in providing Gallery Coverage for events
- Assist the Artistic Director in creating publicity for events, exhibits, education, performances and artists. Coordinate the preparation of newsletter, posters tickets, programs, etc.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and committee meetings as assigned.
This is a part time position; approximately 24 hours per week. Some evening and weekend hours required.